Instructions to Write an Argumentative Essay
Jump to navigation Jump to search
You are going to write a for and against essay to answer the question "People shouldn't be able to drive a car until they are 20"
- Start your article by outlining what you want to discuss,
- Then, describe the arguments of the people who are in favour and against the topic. You should develop equal attention to both sides.
- Finally, give your opinion at the end of the article. The final conclusion has to reflect your opinion about the issue.
Your essay should include
- A tittle
- An opening paragraph for your for and against that states the issue
- one paragraph that presents the arguments for and another with the arguments against, with examples.
- A closing paragraph where you state your opinion.
- Make sure that the ideas are connected and the text is well organized. For that purpose. Include a number of (at least three) connectors of contrast (on the other hand / but / however / although / nevertheless / yet / still / even if / even though / in spite of / despite...), and some connectors of addition (Furthermore, similarly, what is more, moreover, additionally...).