An Informal Email about your Holidays
You have to write an informal email about your holidays=
First, visualize your reader
- Who are you writing to? - What is the situation?
- You are on abroad and your friend is at home
- You promised to keep in contact...
- Something extraordinary has happened...
- Why would your friend be interested in your trip?
- Include a subject line.
- After the greeting, make sure you catch up after a break
- Ask about the reader
- Talk about you
- Ask about others
- End your exchange
Do not forget to divide what you want to say into different topics, in separate paragraphs.
- You must stick to a chatty, colloquial style:
- Use contractions
- I'm staying at...
- I'm not getting much sleep these days...
- Omit relative pronouns, when possible
- Omit subjects, when possible
- Use phrasal verbs and idioms (at least four, that should be underlined). You have a big list of them on your textbook
- Use questions, admiration marks and practice Let's to make suggestions
- Let's meet up when I get back!
- Are you having a good summer?
- Is the weather good at home?
- I'm dying to catch up on you summer pickups!
- Express interest on what your reader is doing
Read your work through carefully and check the spelling and grammar
Here you have some basic tips on informal emails