Preparing the Selectivitat Exam
- 1 Tasks to prepare for the Selectivitat exam classes
- 2 Writing
- 3 Writing types
- 4 Listening
- 5 Strategies to face the Listening exam
- 6 Grammar and vocabulary
- 7 Reading
Tasks to prepare for the Selectivitat exam classes
19/06/20 - Go to Selectividad Exam 1 to do the SEPTEMBER 19th exam. You only have to write the letter, not the essay, but first, read everything related to letters and emails on this page.
22/06/20 - Do the essay task in the September 19th exam. Deadline: Sunday 21st at 5:00 P.M.
- Do the first exam in the June 18 pack and complete que questionnaires, too.
- The links to the exams are:
- Exam pdf- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rx6xgodnwkku6fq/AABze-wjFZ4Op3gnVTiwtWLWa?preview=pau_angl18june.pdf
- Listening recording - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9bmfy3i0pppbslu/AADKHYOkuSoNi8myKRjSeW5Ua?preview=june18-education+in+21st+century.mp3
- Answer Key- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ra5roai078cwf07/AADxu7emzByeHXUcsc-wRBHMa?preview=pau_angl18june_key.pdf
- The links to the questionnaires are:
- The essay has to be Write an essay on the consequences that the use of the latest morphic technology might have for news agencies and the lack of trust in the Media
03/07/2020 - JUNE 2013- PART II- Write an article:
- Reading: "WHY KIDS BULLY: BECAUSE THEY’RE POPULAR"
- Listening: Norwich
- Writing: "What possible measures, involving the school, parents and kids, could be taken in order to stop bullying at schools? Write an article for your school magazine explaining your ideas and proposals."
Basic Tips - What you need to consider before you start writing
- Basic Tips about Writing: Function, Layout and Style
- Writing purpose and Audience: Why are you writing and who are you writing to
Learning to connect sentences - Making them more complex and interesting
- Writing more complex sentences: How to use connectors
- Basic information about linkers in Spanish
- Connectors and Punctuation - Tip on how to use punctuation when you have a connector.
- Adverbs - Make sure you use some (and adjectives, too!)
- And if you really want to improve using adverbs and adjectives, start using ozdic.com
- Assessment in your Selectivitat Writing task - What to double check
Argumentative Essays - Opinion and For and Against Essays
- Instructions to Write an Argumentative Essay - Interesting video (an argumentative essay is a for and against essay)
- Instructions on how to write an Opinion Essay
- Are you able to distinguish between A For and Against or an Opinion?
- Tips to write a good Opening paragraph for your for and against
Descriptive Essays - Descriptions of Place and People
Letters and emails, formal and informal
- Learning the Difference between formal and informal emails
- Grammar differences in formal and informal styles
- Vocabulary differences in formal and informal styles
- A Formal Email Task
- Useful phrases for a Formal Email
- An Informal Email about your Holidays
- You have a lot of resources to improve your listening in Listening Resources
Strategies to face the Listening exam
- You will have some time to look at the questions
- Read as much as you can in that time and underline keywords
- As you listen for the first time, mark the options that you think are correct
- Use the second listening to check your answers
Breaking the questions down
Look at each question and try to underline the main words- Those that tell you what the focus of the question is. If you ask me, you should try to identify the words that tell you “who”, “what” and “which thing”. For example- In a question that goes:
- Why is Raimon writing this handout? I would underline "why" “Raimon” and “writing”.
Breaking the answers down
Do the same thing for the answers- Try to pay attention to the main point of the answer but also to words that make the options different. These words are usually adverbs- As you can see in the example, the sentence is the same and it’s the adverb that tells the options apart.
- The answers:
- It’s always green
- It’s sometimes green
- It’s often green
- It’s never green.
Grammar and vocabulary
El millor que podeu fer es revisar els vostres apunts, els llibres de text i els exercicis del Burlington Digital.
Selectivitat Reading 1 - Try this reading from Selectivitat